Saturday, March 25, 2006

Work Day at Mammaw's

As Abby says, this has been the best day ever. Abby spent the night with Mammaw (me) last night and did we ever have fun! She is an absolutely amazing child. Today as we worked outside on my porch and yard, I said "Come along, Abby". Her reply, "I'm coming along Mammaw" struck me that this is what God expects of his children. He leads and tells us to come along and we should joyfully answer with a bounce in our step saying, "I'm coming along." We must miss a lot of joy by not "coming along". If God loves me more than I love this granddaughter of mine then I am truly loved beyond measure and should always find joy in His presence. There we can walk along with Him with a bounce in our step and joy in our voice, content to just be with Him doing the simple things.

On another note I am so blessed to have Mike and Kristy, my daughter and son-in-law. They worked in my yard picking up sticks so that I can run the mower over them tomorrow afternoon. It would have taken me a week by myself to do what they did this afternoon. And it is so much more fun working with others. Thanks, you two.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

It was fun for us too, Mom! It always feels good to help you!!! I'm impressed with your blog.