Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
2. My son is engaged to a wonderful woman who has become not only my future daughter-in-law but also my friend. Her two children are delightful and I love them bunches.
3. I have two Chihuahuas, Fancy and Bruiser. I did not pick out either name but they fit.
4. The house I live in is cypress and pine all of which was cut by my husband before he died. I love living in it.
5. I work at a job I love at the police department but I am also looking forward to getting to retire. Hopefully that will happen in less than four years if all goes as planned.
6. I am a far from perfect Christian but I have loved the Lord all my life.
7. I think there are way too many I's in this list!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Pay raise for judges tucked into bailout plan
Retail sales post big drop in November
But the good news is that God is still in charge and he knows what the plan is:
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Sunday, December 07, 2008
Well, my tree is up! Thanks to Lane' and B.J. They came out this afternoon and helped me get the tree done and the house all decorated. It's begining to look a lot like Christmas. Can you read that line without singing it? It even feels like Christmas outside.
My church is all prettied up too. Wish we could leave the garland and poinsettias up all year. Maybe it is because red is my favorite color that I enjoy the red splashed everywhere this time of year.I put in my favorite Christmas CD this afternoon and sat back with Donna and B.J. (Lane' left for a party). We sipped hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows and listened to Kenny belt it out. It has been a perfectly delightful day.