Thursday, September 07, 2006

Anniversary Time

Tomorrow, the 8th of September is always a bittersweet day for me each year. It marks what would have been the 34th wedding anniversary for Keith and me. Let me tell you the years have certainly flown by. It seems like yesterday that I was a young bride so excited and nervous before my wedding to the man I was madly in love with. Most of you who know me would be a bit surprised to know that I had a very traditional wedding with a VERY traditional gown. It was a dream come true and I still love to get out the pictures and look at my handsome groom who only got better looking with time. And when he left this earth almost 25 years later I was still madly in love with him. Only God can put together that kind of love.

I don't mean to preach but it amazes me to hear young couples say that they hope their marriage will last or some such thing. When we got married we were so committed to each other that the thought never crossed our minds to end it even when we had our bad times. Love may be an emotion but it is also an act of the will. So for all you young marrieds out there, please listen to this bit of advice: Live and love like today is your last day with your mate.

I am so thankful for all the wonderful years we had and the children and grandchildren that came from our marriage. The memories are very sweet and someday I know that a wonderful reunion will take place when I too end my journey here on earth.

I'm still madly in love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weren't we having fun on this day in 1972. Family,friends,wedding attendants,..all were getting ready for the big day. You and Keith were about to join not just yourselves but the Austin/Norris clan that has lasted all these years. Yours and his legacy are children, grandchildren, and much Christian service you have done for other people. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

What a great testimony to everlasting love. Stacy and I tell our friends and young adults that we never even JOKE about the D word. It is a bad word in our household and not an option....as so many are believing today. I love that man of mine, and I couldn't imagine my life without him. I pray God fills you to overflowing.

God Bless you and your kiddos.