Thursday, March 01, 2007

Jack

Okay, so here goes with the post which I have been putting off. Ten nights ago, my wonderful little Jack Russell Terrier was running alongside my car as he always did when I got home. Somehow, he miscalculated and got under the rear tire. It was horrible and Jack had to be put down. For a softhearted animal lover like me, it was an awful thing.

Jack was such a good dog for me in so many ways. He was a dog I rescued when he was almost starved. My only consolation is that while he lived here, he had a good life and was loved as only you diehard dog lovers understand. For me, it was a blessing to have him as a pet.

Jack Rabbit, you are missed.

All of this happened on Monday night. On Friday night I got a call from a friend who had read an ad in the local paper from the Humane Society. They had a Jack Russell Terrier. I was still so distraught that I did not even want to call but told Sharon that she could call if she wanted to. She did and we went to look at him the next morning. Of course, it was love at first sight for both the dog and me. Once again, I have taken in a dog that needs love and care. He is skinny as a rail but that won't last long around here. He is cute as a button and is such a little rascal that Rascal has become his name.



No comments: