Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Streams of Living Water


We at Immanuel Baptist Church have an interim pastor at this time whose preaching and teaching is like a fresh drink of water to my soul. He can simplify things, such as when he describes faith as "having confidence in God" or he can really challenge me to think through what he is preaching and dig a little deeper into God's Word.

I have been guilty in the past of catching myself dosing during a sermon especially when I am really tired as I was tonight. But my interest is being held to such an extent that I successfully managed to stay awake tonight even though the easy thing would have been to doze. In my defense, let me add that no matter what is going on around me, if I sit very still, I doze. I think there is a button in my bottom that switches to sleep mode when sat upon.

It is very mentally stimulating and spiritually refreshing to be challenged by good Biblical teaching. So if you are looking for such a place, please join us any Sunday or Wednesday. You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

That sounds very interesting!!!!I just wanted to stop in and say Hi!And nice to meet you.:)