Saturday, November 03, 2007

Adventures in a New Enterprise


I think I ran out of steam after posting all that stuff about my trip to see the kids. Today has been a beautiful day which lifted my spirits considerably. God is so good and I love it when He shines thru on a day like today. I love to see the sun shining thru the trees in my yard.






I embarked on a new enterprise today - flea marketing. A friend and I are renting a booth in a flea market-antique shop so we got up at an ungodly hour this morning and started on the yard sale circuit. This was an entirely new experience for me. It seems totally sacrilegious to me to get up before daylight on the one day a week made for sleeping in. But get up we did and by 10:00 I was totally worn out and ready for a hearty breakfast at the Waff-L-In. Those eggs and bacon were just what we needed to perk us up and get us started on a second round. By the time I got home sometime after noon and got the car unloaded, I was ready for a major collapse. Now cleaning and pricing will start. Ya'll all come in downtown, check out all the goods and, above all-----BUY SOMETHING! I'm trying to finance another trip to see those beautiful granddaughters.

3 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

oooooooooh where, where?

I usually love rummage sales but I am too lazy to get up most of the time...LOL,and of course then there is the little matter of buying stuff I dont need.

I think I know where you live-by the yard anyhow-I look at it everytime we go through there and think it is so beautiful.One of my most favorite roads in town-well since they repaved it quite a few years ago...LOL

Ginger said...

I bought a bunch of stuff I don't need today so come on out in about a week to the square downtown and take a peek in Granny's Attic (I think that is the name.) Monticello is getting several flea market stores. You might want to check out Kay's on McCloy St. too. Then there is Twice as Nice for clothing and such. Glad to see us getting more small businesses like these.

And when you come out my road, stop by and introduce yourself sometime. Love to sit on the front porch and visit.

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I love Kays nest,but dont get to get in there as often as I like,never been to twice as nice.I went to Grannys attic I think right around the beginning of OCT,I would love to be able to afford that spinning wheel.

I am glad to see more small businesses here in town too!!