Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Approaching Anchorage

What a wonderful trip to Alaska! The above picture was made during the final approach to Anchorage. The snow on the mountains was gorgeous out the window of the plane. But the best sight was of the four people who claimed me at the baggage carousel and the tight hugs and such sweet kisses from my darling little granddaughters. What a welcome!

Then we were off to Wasilla with a slight detour thru Wendy's to feed a starving Mammaw and get french fries for the girls who had already had supper. Needless to say, it was a late night for all of us which spilled over into over a week of upset nighttime schedules for me and for the grands. With the sun still high overhead most of the night, I was wired and ready to go. It would not do for me to have daylight all the time. I would never sleep.

On Saturday, I was treated with a fantastic road trip to Denali Park (Mt. McKinley). I will write about that trip later in case anyone is reading this besides myself. Don't want to bore anyone with lenghty details.

No comments: