Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

What a wonderful day it has been! Andy, Donna and B.J. were here for a huge lunch of grilled pork chops, crock pot venison, mashed potatoes, biscuit sauce (if you call it gravy, B.J. won't eat it), corn, green beans, carrots, rolls, pecan pie and a rum cake baked by my good friend, Gail. The leftovers were just as good for supper although they may get old to me before they are all gone. We made some pictures outside after lunch then went for a drive. It has been a pleasure to me to have family here the whole day. I hate to admit it but sometimes I have a bit of a letdown when everyone leaves in mid afternoon. The only letdown today was missing the ones not here: Lane' and the Alaska crew. I look forward to the day when both of my children and their families can be here all at the same time.

I have so much to be thankful for this year:

A growing realization and appreciation of just how much God loves me.
Kristy and her family in Alaska
Andy and his new family and the joy that Donna is bringing into my life also
My friends and family
My two lovable dogs
A good job and my work family
My home and health
And so much more.

Here are some pics we made today.




1 comment:

Mom of these kids said...

I know you are proud of your family and these pictures! Glad you had a great day, I am sure you do miss your other kiddos not being there, and they miss you too!

I wish she was able to blog....I always loved reading what was going on in Alaska.