Monday, April 06, 2009

Good Idea for Fixing the Economy

I got the following email today, which I think is a fantastic idea (I am over 50):

This was an article from the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper on Sunday. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?"

I thought this was the BEST idea....I think this guy nailed it! Patriotic retirement:

There's about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance with stipulations.

1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.
2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.
3) They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Test

Anonymous said...

It popped up for me this time,yay!!

Ginger said...

Just shows I need to leave well enough alone and quit messing with the comment settings. LOL Sorry about the trouble K.T.