Sunday, December 31, 2006

Reflections and Resolutions

Well, here I sit staring 2007 in the face. In just a little bit, I will go to work and help out in dispatch in case it is a busy night in Monticello. Hopefully, all will be quiet and the job will be boring tonight.

The year 0f 2006 brought many changes to my life, mostly in the form of three new grandchildren. The year got off to a good start in January with the birth of Lillian Faith. Lilly gave us a quicker hello than we expected and she is still moving fast as she crawls all over the house. Her big sister Abby tries to help everyone keep up with Lilly. They are so sweet together. Andy got married and I gained the most delightful little blond headed grandson, Grady. He is all boy and has stolen my heart. Then later in the year Andy and Emily had precious Riley Gail. She is two months old now and the sweetest little bundle of joy to hold and cuddle. How many more blessings can I wish for? This next year will be full as my time is spent trying to be a good Mammaw to my grands. They are truly gifts from God.

It has been a joy to me to see both of my children and their spouses find better houses this last month. Andy and Emily found a nice house about five minutes from her mother about a month ago. With two small children, it will be better for her to be close to at least one grandma. Then last week Mike and Kristy made an offer on a house which was accepted. It is Kristy's dream house. Nothing makes me any happier than to see my children happy.

So, as you can see, life has been good to me and my family this past year. So, my new year's resolutions are few. One: hit the treadmill just as soon as I get the clothes off of it. Two: spend more time reading my Bible and spending time with God. Three: listen and be ready to follow whatever marching orders God gives me. It seems that I am in a transition period in using my gifts and doing whatever I am supposed to do. I have taught Sunday School for many years but right now am without a class. A single ministry for middle age has been on my mind for several years as has doing more practical helping things. So for now, I will just wait on a clear direction.

May God bless all who read this in the new year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ginger you are so awesome. I am really glad to call you my friend.
Sherry Johnson