Monday, June 02, 2008

Eating and Shopping

Breakfast the first morning at Denali was at Rose's Cafe.



Kristy ordered two pancakes for Abby and Lilly to share. Rose said "No, trust me, one pancake." Abby was amused at Lilly who did not know what to think about the giant pancake. The omelet plates the adults ordered were also more than we could handle. The hashbrowns covered half the plate. Rose sure believes in a hearty breakfast to start the day.

Ran into this bear outside at the shopping strip. Glad it is carved and not real!



Yes, Virginia, there is a Subway in Alaska!

Supper was at Salmon Bake. The baked salmon was the best I have ever eaten. The halibut was okay. But all I can say for the steak is.....order the salmon.

3 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

That IS absolutely the biggest pancake I have EVER seen,wow.I am going to have to try to do that!

Did all of Denali look like that,because that is so beautiful!!!

I am not a fish lover,but if the steak was bad I bet I could become one really quickly.

Shelley said...

holy cow, that is one LARGE pancake!

Anonymous said...

hey mom, i'm looking at your blog. gee, it's been a while!!!! you left off the bo-bo picture. now why is that? :)

kristy