Saturday, March 28, 2009

Of Weather and Volcanoes

After my visits with Kristy and family in Alaska, I had a much better understanding of why they all love Alaska so much. I fell in love with the beauty and majesty of the place too. But let me tell you, after the weather at Christmas kept me from flying in and now the volcano is keeping the Nobles' captive, I am experiencing a real love/hate relationship with the place. As any parent knows, it is not a pleasant feeling knowing that you cannot get to your children quickly.....even if they are grown and quite capable of tending to themselves. In my case, it may even be that they might be unable to get here to tend to my old, drooling self. At any rate, I am ready for Mt. Redoubt to settle down and get back to her beautiful self. After all, I have to get out there again for the birth of my grandchild in May!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

P.S.
I just want to add a big thank you to my favorite son-in-law who sent me a text early in the morning on the 1st Mt. Redoubt eruption telling me they were not in the ash path. He is either really thoughtful or just did not want me waking everyone up to check. Love ya, Mike.