Saturday, October 07, 2006

Chillin'



Wow! I have three whole days to just relax and do whatever strikes me. My children and grands are all busy with other things, my best friend is out of town, no work until Tuesday, maybe I won't get too tired of my own company. Actually I am taking Mom and Dad to Pine Bluff to a family wiener roast late this afternoon. My niece and her husband are preparing land to build a house so we are going as spectators. That is a job to envy. Just hold down some lawn chairs, eat and drink.


Tomorrow I am going church hunting. For the first time in fifty-four years I do not have a church to belong to. In a way it is liberating because I have always been "busy" in church work. I have taught in church since my early thirties so maybe God is allowing me to spend some time with Him without always thinking of how I can teach others with what I am learning. I have always believed that God wants us to "be" more than to "do" but we are very inclined to be doers. "Being" involves being in love with God, being in a right relationship with Him and others, etc. Then "doing" will naturally follow since it flows out of "being". Was that thoroughly confusing? I hope not.


Anyway, I have been catching up on reading every one's blogs. So if you have not posted for a while get with the program. This is an excellent way to stay up to date with family and friends.


Also in my reading list are some excellent daily devotionals which I signed up for on Crosswalk. There is something for everyone on this site so please check it out if you have time.

No comments: