Saturday, October 28, 2006

There is No Fun for Old People Like It!



If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it! ~Hannah Whithall Smith


If your baby is "beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time," you're the grandma. ~Teresa Bloomingdale


Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old. ~Mary H. Waldrip


Wednesday, October 25 at 9:06 p.m. another beautiful, perfect, 6 lb. 5 oz. bundle of joy came into my life. This is grandchild number four. When my first grandchild was born, I thought I would never love like that again, but I was wrong. Each one of them has my whole heart. I am so thankful to God for the perfection and wisdom of His ways. He truly knew what He was doing when he created grandchildren.


Welcome Riley Gail!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just now found your wonderful blog entry. Her photo is beautiful but seeing her up close this p.m will be even better.
Once a little girl was running her hand across the wrinkles of her great grandmother's face and said "Did God make you?" She replied "Yes, He did." Little girl rubbed her own face and said "Well He sure has improved." Mom