Friday, October 12, 2007

Leaving On A Jet Plane

The dreaded day came that I had to say goodbye and come back home. It was no easier this time than when they left in June. My heart felt like lead in my chest as I packed my bags for the return flight. But I had to put on a happy face for the girls and I missed my friends and family back home. Oh to be retired and wealthy enough to fly back and forth at will.

I wanted some pictures of the girls before I left but Lilly had already had enough picture taking to do her for quite a while. Abby was cooperating to the fullest and trying her best to get Lilly posed. We got three or four quick shots and then off we went for one last adventure.




Yes, go cart riding!!! Abby had waited for this since the first day I landed in Alaska. One of the first things she told me was "Mamma, you and me are going to ride go carts." It was utterly wonderful to speed around the track as fast as that little whoopie would go.....until the time came to get my overweight short self with bad knees out of that contraption. Thank goodness we have no pictures of that! Oh, the fun of grandchildren!




Leaving on a Jet Plane
By John Denver
All my bags are packed. I'm ready to go.
I'm standing here outside your door,
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.
But the dawn is breaking, it's early morn.
The taxi's waiting, he's blowing his horn,
Already I'm so lonesome I could cry.
So kiss me and smile for me,
Tell me that you'll wait for me,
Hold me like you'll never let me go.
Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again -
Oh Babe, I hate to go.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

thanks so much for all the great pics you have posted while visting Kristy and Mike and the girls. It was kind of like a virtual tour for the rest of us!

K.T. is Mommatude said...

that post made me sad too!

I love watching the kids go cart riding!