Saturday, October 06, 2007

Mt. McKinley

One of our daytrips included a sighting of Mt. McKinley or Denali as it is known by the residents of Alaska. Denali means "the high one" which it certainly is. I found an interesting link here with some pictures and lots of information about Alaska and the peak. The first picture below was our first sighting of Denali which literally made me suck in my breath. (This picture is not zoomed but some of them are).

We were about 130 t0 140 miles away in these pictures.

Magnificent!


Literally breathtaking.



Kristy and Mike had no idea how much the mountains affected me. I have always had a love for mountains which this visit stirred within me in an unexplainable way. I want to visit again and spend more time just sitting around on some of the mountain areas and basking in the glory of God's creation. I just know that my heavenly home will be the most beautiful log cabin perched on a wooded mountain with a trickling stream like the Little Susitna River flowing by.

Mike had to stop the car for me so many times on this trip for me to get out and make pictures. They were all so patient as I took time to gaze at every view. But as much as I fell in love with the mountains and streams the two pictures below are my real loves.






1 comment:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Definitely Breathtaking!I love to look at Mountains just dont like being ON them...LOL,I have actually never seen a rocky snow-covered mountain in person-I have only seen the local "hills".

They look so happy-and like they are doing well too!