Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July Auction

My 4th of July daytime was spent just relaxing at home which I badly needed. Then for my nighttime entertainment, I attended an auction with L. We went in my PT Cruiser with the back seats folded down. When we loaded the car there was not an inch of room left anywhere. L was holding stuff in her lap and had the floorboard under her feet full. We had a metal rack laying (lying?) on the console and poking us in the ribs. When we started to pay out and leave the auctioneer said, "Don't leave yet girls, we've still got some good stuff." So we laughed and stayed a bit longer and bought a bed and batmobile which we will have to pick up next trip. We had a blast thinking Fred Sanford had nothing on us. I'll try to post pics when I get the stuff cleaned up.

Then as we were heading home we saw some beautiful fireworks over the park. I am overwhelmingly thankful to live in America! May God continue to bless us.

No comments: