Thursday, January 22, 2009

About Moving to Alaska

NO! When I retire I may go up and spend months at a time but I have no plans to actually move up there although I love Alaska and enjoy visiting there (it is not really Alaska that I love but all my family there). I have a son and his family here and also my parents and siblings. When I was growing up we moved frequently . . . so frequently that I never had what I considered to be a hometown. I have now lived in Monticello for 39 years and it is home. My Keith is buried here, my friends are here, I am quite content here. So the answer is no, although I still hold out hope every day that they will move back here or at least somewhere in driving distance.

3 comments:

Mom of these kids said...

Sorry if I made everyone think you were moving to Alaska! I kinda meant it as a joke b/c I know you miss them, and it is so neat there. I don't blame ya though for wanting to stay in Monticello.

Ginger said...

You did not cause a problem at all. You know I am really torn right in two. One of kids lives here and the other all the way across the country.

Shelley said...

Well as much as I know you love em, I can't blame you! Alaska would not be somewhere that I could ever be comfortable.

I think I would like to visit, but I would be homesick for Arkansas soon!