Saturday, January 10, 2009

My First Winter Day in Wasilla

My first day in Alaska was the shortest day of the year. I am sooooo not a morning person and have seen very few sunrises in my life but for the nine days I was there I saw the sun rise every day. At around 10:00 in the morning. And it was dark by about 4:00 in the afternoon. By 7:00 I was sleepy and ready for bed (which was 10:00 here in Monticello). I wanted to hibernate all day long. My internal clock is still messed up!

I found out last night that I confused and disappointed some people by my earlier post which mentioned having a white Christmas. That post was intended to tell those who know me that I was Alaska bound for Christmas and was certain of a white Christmas. My apologies for those of you in Monticello who thought that was our weather forecast.

Let me just say that I saw more snow than I have ever seen in my life. What I have seen in Arkansas all added up for my entire life may not add up to what was on the ground. Below are a few pictures so see for yourselves.


The mailboxes on Kristy and Mike's road.

Looking up the drive at their house. No brick houses in Alaska.

From the road.

Notice how pretty the snow is in the trees. That will change later in the week.

The girls swing set in the backyard.

The road across from the house.




My little Alaskans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.