Saturday, July 29, 2006

Life's Roads



"Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Another good quote from an email source and one that I truly identify with although I must say that the majority of the ride has been smooth. But it did make me think back over all the kinds of roads that I have traveled on. The one most traveled is probably interstate since it seems that life has zipped by in a hurry.

Then there are the gravel roads that slowed me down and were rough with big potholes that jarred my teeth and unsettled my insides. Every now and then I got stuck in a huge rut on a winding dirt road that lead into the back country. I have covered flat lands, hill country and high mountain roads that chilled me to the bone. Sometimes I slipped and slid over icy roads or rainy, wet roads. At other times I cruised along at a leisurely clip enjoying the scenery along the way.

So you see, sometimes we get a cute little email and we smile but then we realize that what it says really goes soul deep if you take the time to meditate on it. How has your ride been and where have the roads taken you? Who were your traveling companions? Do you need to choose a different road? Or different companions? Think about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your insight. It's a very good reminder.