Saturday, August 05, 2006

R & R



Today is going to be a day of rest and relaxation. Yesterday I felt like my blood pressure was up, so today will be one of those sleep off and on all day, listen to music, do nothing days. So don't try to reach me, I am shutting down for the day. When I get overly tired and stressed it seems to affect my BP. Sometimes it seems that stress is a way of life. I see it all around me in almost everyone I know. It seems to invade every area of life.

I got a good email from a friend yesterday about imperturbability. One of these days I will learn not to be perturbed no matter what storms are raging around me. My main problem is that I tend to want to fix things, even things that are beyond my ability to fix. So I hold onto them until I reach the point where I have to let them go. If only I could learn to let them go in the beginning, God would handle them much better than I. He is the one who shelters in the cleft of the rock during life's storms and can be trusted to guide us to a safe place.

Now to all of you who love me and may be worried (Mom), remember that I have to do this periodically and by tomorrow I will be back up and running. The Bible prescribes rest for the body and soul and I am filling my prescription today. I hear the recliner calling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
That's a great picture and a very important activity to do ever so often..(that is to do nothing).
Catch you later when you are rested!
Lov' ya'