Thursday, May 18, 2006

Good News!




Well, I have been sliced and diced once again and the outcome was great! The melanoma was confined to the site and Dr. Dinehart cut all of it out. From now on I will watch closely all moles and use stronggggggggg sunscreen while mowing the yard. Nothing like a cancer scare to get my attention. I had already learned the hard way nine years ago how short and precious life can be but a reminder now and then gets me back on track to the important things in life.

My spiritual life has been moldy of late so it is time to clean out the cobwebs and get back to pursuing a better relationship with Christ. Sometimes I get so caught up in the operations and business of religious life that I forget to spend personal time with the One who matters the most. So I will dust off my study Bible and get to it. This picture from an email which has made the rounds several times says it all.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for me this past week and encouraged me with your cards, notes, calls and love. I love you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Just so glad the day closed with a blessing for you! Enjoy your life more! Remember when Abby "was little" and said, "The Bible says, don't worrwee." I think that was one of her first memory verses. I wish we could all practice it more!

I must say you have a wide variety of pics on this blog! Jesus, dogs, trailers . . .now I know you love Jesus most, and those dogs second, but isn't that trailer just growing on you! I can see it painted with your name across the side in white cursive writing with a rope style font and a lasso around your name.

It's been a long day - goodnight!

Love, Gloria

Anonymous said...

Remember the spiritual we used to sing that just used one word over and over "Amen,amen,amen. Everybody said "AAMEN, AAAAMEN, AMEN,AMEN,AMEN. That's how I feel.
I'll see you in the morning.Mom

Anonymous said...

when we pray.....all things are possible! (-Matthew 19:26)