Monday, September 24, 2007

Iditarod Headquarters

One afternoon right after nap time, we visited the Iditarod Headquarters in Wasilla.



There was lots of interesting memorabilia and a wonderful gift shop. I learned a lot about the race and it's history and once again I would have liked to have had more time to spend there. If only I could retire and travel and see all the places I have only read about. It would be nice to visit Wasilla during the start of the race and get in on all of the excitement.



Abby, Lilly and I took a dog sled ride, minus the snow. All I can say is, it was very fast! Those dogs were raring to go and took off like the devil was on their heels. Dusty but fun.

2 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Oh wow,That is too cool!I would love to see that as well!loving all of the pictures and information!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Keep them coming. Looks like all of you had a great time.