Thursday, September 27, 2007

Portage Glacier

The scenery along the road south to the coast was beautiful. The day was overcast with drizzling rain and this was one of only a few shots when the sun would peek out for a few moments. The sky was breathtaking, seeming to stretch into infinity. What a Creator God is!


Before we got to the harbor town of Seward, we took a left turn off the highway to take a little boat ride. Just over and around this mountain is a body of water which I have forgotten the name of. We joined about three bus loads of tourists who were a bit gray-headed like me and added a bit of two-girl liveliness to the boat tour of Portage Glacier.

One of the beautiful sights we saw on the way to Portage Glacier.

I was so awestruck that I could hardly enjoy looking for taking picture after picture.

Abby and the Captain

The Captain of the Ptarmigan watches everyone safely disembark.

1 comment:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I would have been awestruck as well,I mean what amazing sites!