Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Best Laid Plans or Read the Sign

This was the week in which I planned to get everything caught up at work. The lady I share an office with is on vacation so I figured it would be very quiet, no one to talk to, not many distractions, etc. But noooooo! The last two days I have not even gotten my receipts entered each day. And today I should have closed them out for the 15th. But I'm still on the 6th. Seems like people need driving lessons because I have copied bunches of accident reports the last two days. And even with a sign in the payment window saying where to pay fines (my office mates's job is collecting fines), people still come in and ask where they need to pay fines. Isn't there a country song about that?

Then there was court next door today which creates a human traffic flow through the office. And 99% of those people need directions to the courtroom - enter at the sign you drove by when you came around the building to park your car (and no, I did not say that although it was tempting).

Next there are those with warrants waiting to be bonded out who are brought to my office for me to "keep an eye on". Which makes me wonder what would happen if they ran. With my vocal cord problem, screaming for help is not an option and with my fluff, running after them is not an option. Oh well, at least they are not hardened criminals and mostly just want to get things straightened out.

And so - so much for plans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just now saw this. Be sure you beg for your next paycheck since you've done nothing to earn it. heehaw. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. I'd come direct traffic if they'd let me have a loud whistle.
I'm on this thing about how to distinguish between an infamous crime and a lesser one. Know any reference books? ..........Mom