Sunday, April 09, 2006

THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING

I read the following in an email today: "We all get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads. So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold any more so it started filling up the rest of me! That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

Now I know what I have to do to lose weight - empty my mind! For those of you who are reading my blog spot, I realize you all think that I have already emptied my mind. But I beg to differ. My mind seems to never shut off, even when the rest of my body wants to shut down and sleep. Is this a fatal flaw? Or a gift from God? Or just curiosity about most everything? Or ........what?

I read Diana's blog site (my friend and Kristy's friend too) about fasting. Sometimes I think I think too much. Most definitely I analyze a situation to death instead of just trusting the face of it. There are not motives behind everything that happens. Maybe I need a mental fast as well as a physical fast.

None of this probably makes any sense to anybody but me. And I am very thankful to have a mind and some degree of intelligence (even though it has overflowed into my body). Enough of this dribble! I'm going to bed and listen to my mind race. Nighty night.

P.S. Kristy,
Try this color in bold and big and see if you can read it better.

2 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

It's funny how the world is so connected these days, but you step out and tell the world what's on your mind, and then you are left to wonder "Is anyone really listening?!?". You came up when I hit the Next Blog button, of which I am becoming a big fan.

In my opinion, we often get caught up in the break-neck pace of the world around us, and it becomes nearly impossible for us to shut down. The world makes you think that if you stop for even a second, that you might miss some opportunity, some experience, some... thing.

How many times do we go to the Lord in prayer, and not take the time to listen for an answer? I am not suggesting we wait for God to speak to us audibly, though I do not doubt that it could happen. I am merely saying, that in my life there are times when my mind is so filled with the sounds of driving to work, paying the bills, feeding the cats, washing the clothes, changing the channel, and all the other sounds of everyday life that my God could be speaking to me, even screaming at me, and I would never know it.

God has a lot to say, we just have to stop to listen.

As for the color, you should try to use a less "neon" color on the black background, mabye try some pastels they tend to be more easy to read.

Anonymous said...

Ging, you're always good for a laugh before I go to bed. Your Aunt Celeste says that the reason we can't remember things is because our minds fill up and we can't find a place to tuck something else in. Both of you are crazy you know (fun crazy that is). That sense of humor runs in the family for sure. Mom