Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Vacation Time Is Drawing Nigh



While messing around on the internet today, I came across the cutest little travel trailer I have ever seen. It gave me the fever to hit the open road. Only six more years and I can retire, if they don't change social security survivor benefits before then. Oh, to be a woman of leisure with time on my hands to relax and enjoy the simple pleasures of life. I feel the need for a VACATION!

Does it ever seem unfair to work fifty weeks a year and only have two weeks of rest? And that is only if you don't have to use your vacation time for funerals and other fun stuff like that. Now I know that you younger readers are wondering why take so much time off for funerals. But let me tell you that the older you get the more of them you attend. So let me make this request: when I'm gone, go have a quick graveside service and then throw a big party in my honor. If you have to take the day off you might as well enjoy it and I will be having the time of my life on the other side. They better fling those pearly gates open wide cause I'm gonna be dancing and singing (two things I do miserably at here on earth).

Now if I sound like I'm feeling a bit down, you have the wrong impression. Right now I'm sitting at the computer after a very nice night. I went by and saw the two most wonderful grandchildren in the world after work. Then came home and watched a good movie, ate a pork chop supper and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Next thing is to curl up with a good book and read myself to sleep.

Once again I have filled this blog with gibberish. Hope you enjoyed and laughed a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh. That's the perfect trailer for you. I love it. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis - Let's get twin ones! You told me the web site out at your house, but I can't find/remember it. I want that yellow one with the outside kitchen. When Royce goes hunting during the fall, you and I can head to the hills with all the girls!